View data sheet in PDF
XML Network Server™: Features and Benefits
Planet 7 Technologies' robust B2B network architecture based on native XML hubs and routers
takes enterprise application integration (EAI) and e-commerce to the next level: real-time,
many-to-many interaction in an open, highly-scalable and platform-independent XML Network environment.
The Planet 7 Technologies™ XML Network Server (XNS), the company's flagship product,
streamlines business transactions within companies and with partners across the Internet. The
simplified XNS architecture eliminates the need for customized, application-specific middleware,
resulting in faster integration and significantly lower development costs.
Extensible Markup Language (XML) has emerged as the common language for e-business
integration and for e-commerce via the Internet or intranets. The XML Network Server is the
building block, or hub, for Planet 7's innovative, distributed network architecture. Organizations
use the highly scalable XNS to create a transactions- and collaboration-space where critical
XML-based business data can be aggregated and shared in real-time.
Rather than being hard-wired directly to other systems, distributed applications use the XML Network as an interface and benefit from plug-and-play deployment and modification.
Reduce engineering costs for system integration and updates.
- Simplified integration allows modification of the system with just a few lines of code—attaching new
applications compares to plugging a PC into a LAN.
- Connecting to remote machines is handled transparently, greatly simplifying system customization.
- While middleware integration solutions typically require extensive fine-tuning of firewall and security settings,
Planet 7’s configurable network options make for a smooth integration with these systems.
Increase operational efficiency through concurrent, fully synchronized data exchange.
- XNS is the first product to support real-time, many-to-many XML data exchange, providing an ideal framework
for streamlining internal operations and creating truly automated, dynamic trading systems.
- Unique full-duplex, bi-directional communications mechanism broadcasts new information immediately.
Up-to-date information results in reduced cycle times, lower inventories, and reduced error rates.
Scale rapidly and efficiently to meet growing e-business needs.
- The distributed hub and router architecture of XNS provides massive scalability and built-in redundancy.
- New servers are easily brought on-line and synchronize quickly, without disrupting the network.
Eliminate performance bottlenecks in your e-business network.
- Real-time, many-to-many XML data exchange eliminates queuing, a major source of latency in networked
applications that rely on older, request-response messaging.
- Data sharing and synchronization can route incremental changes to XML documents, instead of entire
documents. This results in improved performance and dramatically reduced network traffic.
Safeguard important e-business processes and data.
- XML Network Server provides a robust, flexible security model that is familiar to users of UNIX and Windows
Leverage today’s cross-platform networks and open industry standards.
- Built-in XML parser and adherence to the W3C XML specification enables integration with emerging XML-based
technologies, including SOAP, UDDI, RosettaNet, OASIS, cXML, ACORD, ebXML and others.
- XNS is developed in Java and uses client platforms with Java virtual machines, including Windows 2000/NT
- Support for Microsoft’s Component Object Model (COM) enables integration with a wide variety of COM-enabled
technology, including Microsoft development tools, operating systems and applications.
Integrate with the most important distributed systemthe Internet.
- Native XML support gives XNS access to a global network of information resources and potential trading
- The XML Network Server’s ability to use HTTP as a transport means data can be submitted to XNS through
common Web browsers and documents anywhere on the Internet can be incorporated into XNS applications.
- Configurable network settings allow XNS to be deployed easily on both sides of the firewall.
System Requirements (Server):
400 MHz or higher PC with 128 MB RAM or higher, running Microsoft Windows 2000/NT Server or Linux.